With Valentine’s Day on the horizon, love is in the air and proposals may only be days away. Recently, I was asked by Stacie Donaldson from the East Wichita News for a few wedding trends for the newly betrothed. Here are my top 5:
1. Be Bold- With your jewelry that is. Taking from the spring runway, a bold necklace will both draw attention up to your face and make a fashion-forward statement.
2. Toss the Veil- Unless you have a traditional attachment to wearing a veil, there are many alternatives to choose from including: Hair jewelry such as a crystal headband or beaded hair pins. A large flower worn like a little hat, is another big trend on the bridal runways.
3. Go Consignment or Vintage- If you are a bride-on-a-budget, you may be surprised to discover just how many dresses are available for purchase at your local consignment shop; including several that have never been worn.
Another option is to raid grandma’s hope-chest. The gown that she has been storing for decades may take your breath away. If the fit isn’t exact, or you want to update it a little, an experienced dressmaker or tailor can customize it for a look all your own.
4. Tie Him Up in a Bowtie- Don’t forget your dashing groom. While you may not look like the traditional bride, the traditional bowtie is the number one fashion trend in men’s formal wear.
5. Individualize your Bridesmaids- With so many choices for bridesmaids, it think it’s unconscionable to have your attendants wear the same style dress. Each woman has a different figure and you want them to look and feel beautiful on your big day. You can do this by choosing a color that compliments each bridesmaid by allowing her to select a dress style that fits her figure as illustrated below.
Likewise, you can allow the bridesmaid to choose from a color family (under your direction) and then incorporate those colors into the bridal bouquet.
Thanks again to Stacie for the mention in her column. Be sure to read her full article for more trends, along with tips on finding the perfect dress for your figure. East Wichita News p.10
Please refer to the Fashion Sensei Services page for more information on Wardrobe Styling Services in the Metro Detroit area.